I have never seen this except in Central Europe. But here it is a classic, served as a side dish with deep fried items. My best combo: parsley potatoes, pork chops in flour (see the recipe) and peach or pear compote. Such a treat!
Makes 4 portions
- 2 pound of floury potatoes
- 2 large onions
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup or more fresh parsley, chopped
- Peel and cube the potatoes. Boil them until soft, then drain. (5-8 min)
- Warm up oil in a large pot, add the onions and salt and saute them over low heat. Once translucent, add the drained potatoes and mix. Saute for another 5 min.
- While still hot, add the parsley, toss and enjoy.